Montag, 12. Januar 2015

Asian Spiced Rice Porridge

Today I wanted to eat something Asian. Since I bought rice flakes, I thought I could also make a porridge of them rather than oats. It was really delicious and I added no sugar, so it is up to you if you want to make your porridge sweeter in adding sweets (I prefer coconutsugar or agave syrup) to your porridge while shimmering or at the end as toppings!


Asian Rice Porridge

 

Recipe (one big serving):

2/3 c    rice flakes

1    c    water
1/2 c    non-dairy milk
1 tsp    pumpkinseeds
1/4 tsp ground ginger (add more if you like)
1/4 tsp cardamon
1/4 tsp cloves
1 pinch vanilla
1 pinch ground black pepper

First, roast the rice flakes and pumpkinseeds in a pot and try stiring occasionally to prevent burning the flakes. If they reached a slightly brown colour, add water and turn the heat lower.
If the rice flakes mostly absorbed the water, add the milk for more creaminess. Let the rice flakes shimmer until they almost absorbed the milk. Then take the pot from the stove and add all spices (trust me, the black pepper is harmless and give a nice switch) and stir well.
Top your porridge with sweet fruit purée, coconutsugar, peanutbutter, pecans and other favourite toppings.

Enjoy!!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen