Dienstag, 6. Januar 2015

Spicy Detox Greensmoothie

Happy new year folks! I hope you all had a great New Year's Eve. For me, it was a great celebration among wonderful friends with raclette and too much alcohol but that's ok since New Year's Eve is a special day thus should be celebrated. I also wrote down some resolutions and I am keen to fulfil everyone! In the Glamour Magazin I read an article about resolutions in which they also suggested to write each resolution on a sheet of paper and put all in a jar. Each month you pick one sheet and check if you have done it so far. If not it is time to accomplish it. Great idea right? I guess this year will be so exciting. There are several things I want to do but they are also time consuming. But if you do not try you can never win.


Now, let's have a look at the greensmoothie recipe. If you are following me on Instagram you will know that I love to have a smoothie in the mornings for a fresh and healthy start. So I also like to experimentalise with different greens and ingredients. My basis greensmoothie only needs 3 ingredients; orange juice, frozen spinach and a banana. That's so simple since you can storage the spinach in the freezer and take blocks if you need some. In that case I am able to prepare greensmoothie whenever I like.

However, this greensmoothie is really a detox drink and spicy as well. So if you want to try a greensmoothie for the first time, use more fruits and only spinach or kale for greens. They have not a really strong taste thus you will not exactly taste the greens. Now, back to my smoothie creation.




Spicy Detox Greensmoothie

 

Recipe ( one serving )

1 handful spinach or 5-6 frozen spinach blocks
1 handful chopped cucumber
1 celleric stack
1 small ginger stick
1 tsp turmeric
splash of orange juice ( use more if it's too thick)

First, I recommend you to blend the spinach, celleric with orange juice. This step assures a smooth drink without any chunks (celleric is not easy to blend). Then, add the other ingredients and blend well again. 
You can also put all ingredients at once but be aware that you have to blend it three times longer than a fruit smoothie.

PS: I did not use any fruits besides the orange juice. You can definitely add fruits to it. Add a banana for sweetness and creaminess or an apple for a refreshing drink.




PS no.2: Put your smoothie in a bowl and make a smoothiebowl by adding granola, nuts, seeds and spices! This is how I do it when I have a smoothie for breakfast. Bon appétit !



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen